Livestream Problems Troubleshooter
1. To watch our livestreams you will need a broadband / wifi / data connection of at least 1.5 Mbps download speed. 2 Mbps is a safer minimum. You can test your speed with speedtest.net
2. Our livestreams support most devices, including desktop PCs, Macs, tablets and smartphones; our player is a lightweight HTML5 player that uses Apple HLS and plays streams on any browser, on any device, with Flash as a fallback on older browsers.
3. Ideally use Google Chrome as your browser. If you have an older browser or operating system, you will need the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player
4. If the video stutters or stops playing try the following:
- Restart your browser with a Private or Incognito page – log in to the livestream again if there is a password request
- Use a different browser – ideally Google Chrome
- If the above fail, restart your device
- Your event organiser (our client) has been given a backup URL – another page to view the livestream on – please also try that page
5. If you are on a corporate or organisational network and there are problems, check with your IT support that streaming video is supported. They will need to know that our stream is one of the following:
- outbound HTTP traffic coming over port 80 to Wowza Streaming Cloud
- outbound port 1935/TCP : outbound streaming over RTMP to most streaming providers
- outbound port 80/TCP : outbound streaming over RTMP to Facebook Live
- outbound port 2543/TCP : VidiU speed test function, not required for streaming operation — only to run the built-in speed test to a Teradek-hosted server at a specific IP address
- outbound port 443/TCP (HTTPS) : used for authentication with Teradek built-in providers such as YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Ustream, Livestream, and Twitch
- outbound port 53/UDP (DNS) used for DNS lookups converting hostnames to IP addresses
- local port 80/TCP (HTTP) : local access to the built-in Web UI of the VidiU for configuration and stream control
6. Livestreams are generally available for later on-demand viewing – please contact the organiser.
7. If you need more help, please DO NOT call the number at the top of this page, or email us! Please contact your event organiser – but note the advice above is comprehensive.
Latest from CreationVideo @creationvideo
Watch our livestream – Sir David Attenborough talks about his early days in television, environmental optimism,... https://t.co/F1cPYm7AYG
I just like these 3 gulls! I remember lying on my belly for the shot and the smell of the sea was fantastic,... https://t.co/dTwKO8cleR
We had the great pleasure this week of livestreaming Sir David Attenborough & Dan Snow, in conversation at Canada... https://t.co/ENXKzqccYq
David Attenborough livestream https://t.co/1BMK0YLlds